The Good Work Fellowship taps into the deep potential of our communities to catalyze good work in the Hudson Valley by facilitating experiential learning, collaboration, and connections among cohorts of fellows based throughout the region. Click here for a more in-depth overview.
Who are Fellows?
We are seeking a diversity of locally-engaged leaders from community and nonprofit organizations, local businesses, and government whose demographics and socio-economic backgrounds bring a cross-section of the perspectives represented in the Hudson Valley into each cohort.
Fellows are initiators responding to the call to good work in their places, and can answer “yes” to these questions:
- Are you - or do you desire to become - a place-based practitioner of work that helps make your place equitable and thriving?
- Are you ready and open to share your experience with, and allow your work to benefit from support of, the Good Work Network?
- Can you dedicate time to develop more skills, connections, confidence and courage to actualize the potential of your place?
Details of the 2018-2019 Fellowships
- This is a regional program with sessions and projects organized around sub-regional hubs. Each fellow will be assigned to a hub in the 5th (fall/winter) or 6th (spring) cohort - see dates below - based on where they are located.
- This is an experiential program, where fellows grow skills and build relationships by designing and testing initiatives collaboratively.
- Full scholarships are awarded to all fellows invited to participate. In addition, in order to ensure that finances don’t create a barrier to participation for any qualified applicants, we have some financial assistance available in two forms: a) to help with travel costs - available by request, and b) to help with childcare, lost wages or other financial barriers - available via a simple scholarship application process.
- Invitation to participate in the fellowship is by application only.
Applications due: September 3, 2018
Interviews completed: September 12, 2018
Fellows announced: September 28, 2018
Session 5th Cohort - Fall/Winter Dates 6th Cohort - Spring Dates
Kickoff Working Retreat October 11-12, 2018 March 11-12, 2019
Regional Working Session October 20, 2018 March 16, 2019
Regional Working Session October 27, 2018 March 23, 2019
Place Inquiry One prior to November 3, 2018 prior to March 30, 2019
Place Gathering One November 3, 2018 March 30, 2019
Local Working Session November 17, 2018 April 6, 2019
Local Working Session December 1, 2018 April 13, 2019
Place Project December 8, 2018 April 27, 2019
Regional Working Session December 15, 2018 May 4, 2019
Regional Working Session January 5, 2019 May 11, 2019
Place Inquiry Two prior to January 12, 2019 prior to May 18, 2019
Place Gathering Two January 12, 2019 May 18, 2019
Capstone Preparation Session January 17, 2019 June 1, 2019
Capstone Preparation Session January 24, 2019 June 8, 2019
Capstone Working Retreat February 8-10, 2019 June 14-16, 2019
Graduation February 15, 2019 June 21, 2019
Note: The application form saves automatically as you go but you may also save a draft (button at bottom of page). Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any additional questions.